You can check my google scholar here, and below see a list of my papers.
Numerical linear algebra
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, N. Srivastava, Global Convergence of Hessenberg Shifted QR III: Approximate Ritz Values via Shifted Inverse Iteration. Submitted.
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, N. Srivastava, Global Convergence of Hessenberg Shifted QR II: Numerical Stability. Submitted.
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, N. Srivastava, Global Convergence of Hessenberg Shifted QR I: Dynamics . To appear in Foundations of Computational Mathematics.
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, A. Kulkarni, N. Srivastava, Pseudospectral Shattering, the Sign Function, and Diagonalization in Nearly Matrix Multiplication Time. Published as extended abstract in FOCS 2020, invited to SICOMP Special Issue for FOCS 2020. Full version in Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 2022 Aug 24:1-89.
- J. Garza-Vargas, A. Kulkarni, The Lanczos Algorithm Under Few Iterations: Concentration and Location of the Output. SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, Vol. 41, Issue 3, 2020.
- J. Banks, J. Breuer, J. Garza-Vargas, E. Seelig, B. Simon, A useful formula for periodic Jacobi matrices on trees. Preprint.
- B. Au, J. Garza-Vargas, Spectral asymptotics for contracted tensor ensembles. Electronic Journal of Probability, Vol. 28, 2023.
- O. Arizmendi, J. Garza-Vargas, D. Perales, Finite Free Cumulants: Multiplicative Convolutions, Genus Expansion and Infinitesimal Distributions. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 376, 4383-4420, 2023.
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, S. Mukherjee, Point Spectrum of Periodic Operators on Universal Covering Trees. International Mathematics Research Notices, Vol. 2022, Issue 22, 2022.
- J. Banks, J. Garza-Vargas, A. Kulkarni, N. Srivastava, Overlaps, Eigenvalue Gaps, and Pseudospectrum under real Ginibre and Absolutely Continuous Perturbations. To appear in Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré, Probability and Statistics.
- J. Garza-Vargas, A. Kulkarni, Spectra of Infinite Graphs via Freeness with Amalgamation. Canadian Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 75, Issue 5, 633-1684, 2023.
- J. Garza-Vargas, D.V. Voiculescu, Boolean extremes and Dagum distributions. Indiana University Mathematics Journal, Vol. 70, Issue 2, 2021.
- J. Garza-Vargas, I. Hubard, Politopality of Maniplexes. Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 341, Issue 7, 2018.